SESC Driver Education Course meets the Utah State Board of Education Law and Policy as well as the Utah Core Standards for classroom theory requirement for a driver’s license. This online only course uses Instructure's Canvas learning management system for course delivery. (open enrollment)
- Use a device that will run the online test proctoring browser extension
- Contact the school district you reside in and inform them you are taking the drivers education course from us.
- Course completed from start to finish within 90 days (3 months).
- Students show 30 hours of course work completed.
- Course Pass/Fail - Assignments, Quizzes, Tests, and Final Exam require a minimum of 80% to pass. No letter grade will be given, no credit will be generated, there will be no effect on a student’s GPA.
- When the course is successfully completed the student contacts their high school and/or driver’s education teacher to schedule their behind the wheel driving experience.
STEP ONE - Eligibility
To enroll in the course a student must:
- be able to pay a $50.00 course fee
- be at least 15 and less than 19 years old
- not have completed the requirements for a high school diploma or finished a G.E.D.
- have or obtain a Utah learner's permit prior to course completion.
STEP TWO - Course Fee
SESC uses PayPal for the registration fee transaction. If you do not have a PayPal account then look for the Pay with a debit or credit card option, or the continue as guest, listed under Choose which way to pay. Select the Debit or Credit Card tab and fill in the PayPal required information. You may cancel at any time.